The mission of the Scenic City Certification Program is to support and recognize Texas municipalities that implement high-quality scenic standards for public roadways and public spaces. The Scenic City Certification Program provides a proven, highly-regarded tool to Texas cities for assessment, evaluation, and recognition of infrastructure standards.
Any Texas city may apply to the Scenic City Certification Program for an objective, points-based review of existing municipal infrastructure ordinances. Every application receives a score sheet evaluation; cities that score at the upper level and demonstrate a landscaping/tree planting program, on-premise sign regulations and prohibition of new billboards may earn Certified Scenic City designation.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION INCLUDE:
- provides an expert third-party evaluation of existing standards
- facilitates internal review and analysis of development plans
- serves as a platform to educate citizens on the impact of local regulations
- fosters community character and civic pride
- enhances economic development efforts
- 13 Texas Cities Earn Prominent Scenic City Certification in 2018
- 13 Texas Cities Earn Prominent Scenic City Certification in 2017
- Scenic Houston’s annual dinner breaks two previous records
- 23 Texas Cities Earn Prominent Scenic City Certification in 2016
- 2015 Scenic City Certification Program Awards Reception